Useful tips for baking perfect cakes
There is nothing like the aroma of freshly baked cake. With an OTG at home, you can easily make fluffy and delicious cakes at home for birthdays or parties. To bake a cake perfectly, all you need to do is follow some important points.
To help you on your journey to becoming a cake master, here are a few tips:
1. Choose the right recipe: To get the desired results, choose the recipe very carefully and follow it appropriately. Check the recipes on the websites you trust or consult someone who is familiar with baking techniques. Moreover, follow the recipe step by step.
2. Temperature of the ingredients matter: Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator and keep them aside for some time, before starting with the recipe. This ensures better emulsification of the mixture.
3. Measure it right: Measure the ingredients properly as mentioned in the recipe you choose. Don’t add extra ingredients just to make your cake fluffy. For better results, use measuring cups or bowls and be very particular. Following one measuring system will help avoid confusions.
4. Mix it well: The mixing technique is an art and it should be done with utmost care. Mixing well ensures a perfectly baked cake. Moreover, be very careful while mixing the ingredients as over-mixing or mixing vigorously can result in a thick or dense cake.
5. Prepare your pan: Don’t let the cake stick on to your pan as it would end up breaking a perfectly fluffy cake. Make sure all the corners are greased well. You can use a brush or even line it with parchment paper.
6. Position the pan right: Position the cake pan right in the middle of your oven. This ensures uniform baking of the cake. Besides, always preheat the oven at the temperature required before baking.
7. Don’t let the batter rest in open: Once you are done preparing the cake batter, put it directly into the preheated oven. Don’t let it rest in open to avoid the batter from getting contaminated. Moreover, it might even prevent your cake from rising properly, resulting in denser or flatter cakes
8. Be patient: Allow the cake to bake properly, don’t open the oven door again and again to check the cake. Besides, after taking the cake out from your oven, let it cool for some time.