Tips to clean electric induction cooktops
Induction cooktops have enhanced the cooking experience of homeowners. Besides saving energy, these smart kitchen appliances are easy to use and maintain. However, for efficient results, electric induction cooktops require regular cleaning. If you are looking for ways to clean your cooktop, then here’s a useful read:
1. Turn it off before cleaning: The most important factor to be kept in mind before starting with the cleaning process! Turn off your induction and even unplug it to avoid the risks of getting an electric shock. Let it cool for some time. Place your induction at a flat surface and remove all the utensils from the area for better cleaning. Even if you have any metallic wrist accessory, remove those to avoid any kind of damage or injury. Don’t use chemicals to clean your induction cooktop as the fumes can be injurious and affect its performance.
2. Use soft cleaning pads: Soft cleaning pads help in gently rubbing the residues away. You may increase pressure where the stains are stubborn. Gently wipe away the residues away from the areas affected. Harsh and abrasive cleaning agents can affect the cooktop, thereby weakening the glass top. Moreover, steel wools or other substances can also cause scratches on the surface and compromise its smoothness. After wiping the mess, let it dry for sometime before you start using it again.
3. Use microfiber cloth: A microfibre cloth has extraordinary cleaning properties. You can use a damp microfibre cloth to clean the surface of your induction cooktop. It gently wipes away the dirt particles without causing any damage while adding a smooth shine to the surface. The tiny filaments of the cloth are incredibly efficient in cleaning surface microorganisms and bacteria. Besides, it can pick up the debris that resides on your cooktop’s surface.
4. Clean up spills right away: It is very essential to clean up the spills right away once you are done cooking. Syrups and sauces are to be cleaned as these can stain as well as damage your induction cooktop. Keep this simple rule into consideration and you will not have to go through extensive sessions of cleaning when the stains start getting stubborn. Besides, remember to wipe the bottom of your cookware before placing it on the cooktop. Moreover, avoid overfilling pans and pots as that would result in spillage. Everyday cleaning will prevent the accumulation of dirt particles and residues.
5. Pro tip: Avoid chlorine bleach cleaners, metallic pads, scrub sponges, dishwashing agents, and other powdery cleaning agents to clean your electric induction cooktop. It might end up damaging the electrical parts while reducing its lifespan.
With the above-mentioned steps, you can keep your cooktop neat. If you are planning to buy a new one, visit our website to have a look at our wide range of induction cooktops.