Kitchen Chimney Types & Uses
Indian cooking involves using lots of masalas and oil for frying and grilling. The aroma of tadka, the spluttering and sizzling masalas, is irresistible. However, the oil traces they leave behind not just spoil your walls or ceilings but can make your kitchen messy. An electric chimney can prove to be beneficial here as they are designed to draw away the toxic fumes from the kitchen. This must-have kitchen appliance comes in various sizes and options.
To select the best one, here’s a useful read:
Types of Chimneys:
1. Island Chimneys: If your kitchen space has a cooking island, then an island chimney is ideal. These stylish appliances are mounted in the middle of the kitchen and not on the kitchen walls. It is important to select a chimney that is of equal size or larger than your cooktop to ensure effective suction.
2. Wall-mounted Chimneys: To give your kitchen a stylish and modern look, go for a wall-mounted kitchen chimney. It is attached or mounted just to the wall over your cooktop. Make sure that the size of the hood is equal or greater than your cooktop for maximum suction. Apt for L-shaped, U-shaped, and G-shaped kitchens, the chimney hoods are available in straight-line styles.
3. Inclined Chimneys: These types of chimneys are ideal for small to medium-sized kitchens. Known for their extensive performance and coverage, these chimneys go well with U-shaped and L-shaped layouts. Besides giving a modern look to your kitchen space, these highly-functional kitchen chimneys save space.
4. Straight-line Chimneys: If you have a tiny or compact kitchen, then you should go for straight-line chimneys that just fit into your limited kitchen space without even taking up too much room. Designed specially to fit in your tight kitchen, these modern appliances keep your kitchen space odour and smoke-free.
Uses of a Kitchen Chimney:
1. Removes excess heat: While cooking, excess steam and heat can make you feel uncomfortable. And that’s where kitchen chimneys come in handy. The modern kitchen chimneys not just suck all heat or steam from the cooking but also prevent your from sneezing, thereby enhancing your culinary experience.
2. Your kitchen looks aesthetically pleasing: Besides providing you with a smooth cooking experience, modern kitchen chimneys add to the aesthetics of your kitchen. These modern appliances provide a very sophisticated look to your kitchen space while keeping the tiles, walls, and ceilings spotless.
3. Removes odour from the kitchen: An odour- free kitchen is a healthy kitchen. The strong fumes and toxic smoke emitted from cooking can linger in your kitchen for a long time, even after your cooking is over. And so, with a kitchen chimney, say goodbye to odour and toxic fumes.
4. Keeps your kitchen spotless: Greasy, dirty, dark kitchens are a result of oil and grease that leave traces all over. For optimum suction, you just cannot completely rely on exhaust fans. As exhaust fans are installed far away from the cooktop, it cannot remove the fumes from the kitchen effectively. With a modern electric chimney, keep your kitchen walls spotlessly clean.
We hope these tips will help you select the best for your kitchen. If you are looking for technologically advanced kitchen chimneys online, explore Kutchina’s chimneys. Our filterless chimneys come with auto clean and i-Auto clean technologies. The auto-clean chimneys come with a drip tray, which collects oil particles and residues. You can empty the drip tray and put it back. Our i-Auto-clean chimneys are designed to allow touch-free cleaning. The artificial intelligence-based sensors detect the grease and set self-cleaning schedules automatically.