FAQs on Dishwasher
Built-in dishwashers are gaining popularity in India. Having a dishwasher means you will spend less time worrying about washing up piles of dishes by hand. If you are planning to buy a dishwasher but wondering how to use it. Well, as one of the leading kitchen appliances brands, we answer some of the frequently asked questions on dishwashers:
1. Is it OK to use the dishwasher every day? Yes, dishwashers are designed for everyday use. You can run the appliance whenever it is completely full. Dishwashers like ours come with a half-load cycle for days when you don’t have too many soiled dishes and a full load cycle.
2. What not to put in dishwashers? You should avoid putting wooden cutting boards, wooden utensils (like spoons) and knives with wooden handles in a dishwasher. The hot water can cause the wood to warp, affecting its longevity. You should also not put cast-iron cookware and copper pots and pans. While cast-iron cookware may rust because of too much exposure to water, utensils made of copper may lose their shine.
3. What are the proper steps of washing with the dishwasher machine? Place the ceramic and glassware on the top racks. The bottom basket is ideal for large pots and pans. Always place spoons, knives and forks in the cutlery basket. Spoons and forks should face up while knives down (this is done to avoid the risk of injury).
4. Do dishwashers really sanitise? Yes, dishwashers use scalding hot water. At such high temperatures, it is impossible for bacteria and germs to survive.
5. What’s an automatic dishwasher? An automatic dishwasher adjusts water usage and rinses time depending upon the load.
6. Should you rinse off dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? No, you do not need to pre-rinse the dishes before placing them inside the dishwasher. Pre-rinsing is a waste of time, effort, water and energy. Just scrape off the leftovers from the dishes, which can later choke the filters.
7. What is the proper way to use a dishwasher? Yes, there are a few basic things that you need to follow when using a dishwasher. Properly load the dishwasher. Use dishwasher detergent only for getting the best results.
Kutchina built-in dishwashers come with up to 7 different washing programmes for the efficient cleaning of different types of utensils. They are designed to ensure washing of a wide range of utensils and they come with an A++ energy efficiency rating.