Check out these FAQs on burners and gas hobs
A gas hob is an indispensable kitchen appliance. Apart from taking the style quotient of your kitchen several notches higher, an efficient gas top helps you make several sumptuous delicacies in a jiffy. When it comes to choosing the best gas hob burner, taking a decision can be tricky. As one of the leading kitchen appliances brands, we share with you several FAQs and their answers that you may find helpful when you are buying a gas hob top:
1. What should I look for when buying a gas hob? In addition to the number of burners and the material they are made of, there are several features that you should consider when buying a gas hob top. Check whether the gas hop top you are planning to buy has an auto-ignition feature or not. With this feature, you don’t have to bother looking for a lighter or match stick every time you want to light the burners. Also, the gas hob top should have sturdy pan supports that can hold large and heavy utensils (typically used for Indian cooking).
2. What size hob should I purchase? As built-in hobs are fixed after cutting the kitchen slab, you must first check how much space can you dedicate to the gas hob top. Kutchina built-in hobs are available in 60 cm 75 cm and 90 cm sizes.
3. Which is better – a 3 burner or 4 burner gas stove/hob? When it comes to choosing the number of burners, it totally depends on the frequency of cooking and the number of family members you would be cooking for. A 3 burner hob top is the ideal choice if you have 4 to 5 family members whereas a 4 burner is recommended for families with more than 5 members. Also, keep in mind the number of meals prepared at one go. For instance, a family where everyone is working may prepare lunch and dinner at the same time, whereas in some families, meals are prepared at different times of the day.
4. Which type of burner is best for a gas stove/hob? Burners are the critical component of any gas stove or hob top. Burners that are made from high-quality brass are sturdy and tough. Brass burners and the right pan supports provide uniform distribution of heat.
5. Which is better – a stainless steel gas hob top or toughened glass top? The toughened glass hobs look more trendy and modern. Moreover, the smooth surface of the toughened glass makes it easy to clean and maintain.