Why Should One Buy a Rice Cooker?
People have been cooking rice for centuries, without the help of any special utensil. In a kitchen that already has a lot of gadgets, who needs another one? Some people find it hard to make rice. A solution to this problem, is rice-cookers.
A rice-cooker can be used to cook many things: soups, porridge, steamed vegetables, or one-pot meals, among others.
Is it worthwhile to invest in a rice-cooker? Is it feasible for these cookers to do other tasks than making rice? Is it necessary to use these, to get the best results? What is the method through which they work? We’ve got the answers to these often-asked questions.
Table of Content:
- Why you may need to buy a rice-cooker
- 8 benefits of a rice cooker
- Some tips and best practices
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why you may need to buy a rice-cooker?
- Do you cook rice or steamed grains at least twice a week? If this is true, then this blog explains why you need to buy a rice-cooker.
- Cooking rice on the stove-top, may be a challenge for many people. If you too find it challenging, then we’ll tell you how your life can be made easier, with a rice-cooker.
- The freedom to have rice cooked when you are not at home, that too effortlessly, helps ease your everyday chores.
- Do you have a tiny kitchen that does not have a stove in it? Then a rice-cooker is your perfect match – as it is for dorms, offices, and B&B hotels
Eight benefits of a rice-cooker
Rice-cookers offer many benefits, for the little price one pays for them, as they make rice easier to cook – and better your everyday diet. We enlist the advantages below.
- Rice helps you balance your weight
Unlike junk food, which simply provides empty calories with little nutritional value, rice contains carbohydrates and energy. Try rice with veggies and lean protein like chicken or shrimp to lose weight. These dishes are tasty and simple to prepare.
- Rice is a Good Source of Protein
Rice is a cheap and simple method to get protein and calories. Brown-rice has more calories and protein than white rice. Not only does protein provide energy, but it also helps cells regenerate and multiply effectively.
- Rice promotes digestive health
Fiber aids in good digestion. Rice encourages healthy gut-bacteria and reduces the risk of heart diseases, and regulates glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Simplicity of use
A rice-cooker is simple to use and anybody can operate it with ease. The cost of these cookers is also easy on the pocket and hence, it has proved to be one of the most popular kitchen appliances.
Compared to a pan or pot, a rice-cooker is considerably easier to clean. Unlike a pan, rice does not cling or burn to the bottom or sides of a cooker.
- Make the perfect rice
The most common cooking mistake while making rice is overcooking or even burning the rice. But a rice-cooker, is engineered even for the most inexperienced.
- Rice cooker is safe
A rice-steamer, and especially an electric rice-cooker is a safer option than cooking rice on the stove.
- Keep rice warmer for longer
While cooking rice in a saucepan, the rice immediately cools when removed from the heat. But in case of a steamer, the warmth is retained for hours.
Some tips and best practices
- Begin cooking the rice first if you’re preparing supper. Meanwhile, you may go on with whatever else you’re planning to prepare. While the rice is cooking, you may prepare other dishes such as curry, stir-fry, sautéed vegetables, or grilled meat.
- You may think of your steamer as a cross between an electric skillet and a slow cooker. It is possible to cook onions in your rice-cooker, then add water and bring it to a boil in order to make a simple broth for soup. There are several methods for steaming food, but you may also use water and a steaming rack to get the same results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why should I buy a rice cooker?
Rice cooker always makes the perfect rice, one that is just right in texture and consistency. Yet another attractive aspect is that rice-cookers are available at affordable prices.
- How does a rice-cooker help in easing the process of cooking?
Rice-cookers make our lives comfortable. Even an amateur person can create the perfect rice, using one. It is best recommended for small kitchens and people, leading busy lifestyles.
- What is the risk posed by a rice-cooker?
Rice-cookers do not come with any risk. They are almost a 100% safe.
- Is it efficient to use rice cookers every day?
Rice-cookers are efficient as they use steam generated from water, which boils quickly under pressure. There is no use of any other material or chemical. Rice-cookers are cost efficient – explore our range at Kutchina today: