Tips to Protect Hands from Washing Dishes
Washing dishes often causes extremely dry hands, which if not taken care of immediately can lead to painful cracks and flaky skin. Chemicals in dishwashing detergent may also cause skin irritation. If you are washing dishes by hands, here’s a list of useful tips to protect your hands:
But worry not, we have you covered.
1. Use a fragrance-free moisturiser: To keep your hands hydrated, use a fragrance-free moisturiser. Apply it on your hands and keep it overnight. Use it as soon as you wake up in the morning. Keep using it throughout the day, especially before and after you wash your hands or do dishes. Avoid moisturisers that have fragrances as they can make your skin itchy.
2. Wear protective gloves: When washing dishes, always wear long and heavy-duty dish gloves. Do not wear thin plastic gloves. Thicker the gloves, the better it is. Longer gloves ensure that the soapy water doesn’t get into the gloves and irritate the skin.
3. Use plastic bags in case you don’t have gloves: If you don’t have gloves and need to protect your hands, put plastic bags over your hands. Tie the bags using a hair tie or a rubber band around your wrist. Make sure that the hair tie or rubber band isn’t too tight.
4. Use a mild dishwasher detergent: Make sure you are using a mild dish wash detergent, that does not cause much harm to the skin. Use a sponge that is good at absorbing soapy water.
5. Avoid exposure to hot water: When it comes to foodborne germs, washing utensils in hot water is a good idea., However, this is definitely not good for your hands. Exposure to hot water will leave your hands dry and itchy. Soak dishes in hot soapy water and take them out once the water is lukewarm. You can also use water at room temperature or when it is lukewarm.
Bring home a dishwasher
Washing dishes is harsh on your hands. But with a dishwasher at home, you don’t have to deal with strong detergents and dishwashing liquids. A portable dishwasher and a built-in dishwasher – both get the job done. As the water inside the dishwashers is hot enough to easily and quickly kill the bacteria, you don’t have to worry about microbes thriving in your greasy plates. Kutchina dishwashers come with up to 7 washing programmes. So whether you have lightly soiled dishes or dishes with tough stains and smells of masalas, our dishwashers are up for the task. Our freestanding dishwashers are portable. Our dishwashers can also be integrated into your cabinet, giving your kitchen a sleek look.