Kitchen Decor Trends That Are a Hit With Millennials
As more and more millennials are buying homes, they are giving kitchens a unique touch. As space comes at a premium, millennial kitchen has no space for storerooms or walk-in pantries. For many of the millennials, the kitchen is not just the place where they cook, it’s also a place where they eat, listen to podcasts while cooking, and entertain guests. As many have an emotional connection with their childhood kitchen, they want it to be warm beside being sleek, highly functional and low on maintenance.
Here are a few kitchen design ideas that are favoured by millennials:
1. Open-plan kitchen: Millennials don’t have time for hallways and storerooms. An open-plan kitchen that seamlessly flows into the living room makes entertaining easier. A well-connected kitchen, living room and dining room means more space for your guests to socialise. As the kitchen is the place where all the action is taking place, a kitchen island is a valued commodity. It is great for having a quick breakfast or getting kids’ homework done while you are rustling up dinner.
2. Sleek but highly functional: As the kitchen is an extended part of the dining area, it has become all the more imperative that the kitchen is extremely clean looking and the faucets and unsightly sink are either less visible or are so good looking that they are worth flaunting. This also means that millennials don’t prefer having miscellaneous appliances cluttering up the counter space. Having a pantry space, a spice rack, cutlery tray, and pull-out shelves make storing items strategically easier. Wall-mounted shelves provide extra storage options where the best crockery items can be displayed or lesser-used gadgets can be placed, without giving up precious counter space.
3. Statement appliances: Time-starved and convenience-seeking millennials love fancy kitchen gadgets that make everyday cooking easier and save their money. Be it small appliances or big appliances, millennials are using technology to their advantage. From sandwich maker to a dishwasher, millennials are choosing appliances that have clean lines and go well with the decor. They are also going for built-in appliances like dishwashers to give their kitchen an uncluttered look.
Buy the best dishwashers in India from Kutchina
Kutchina dishwashers make doing dishes easy. With 7 different washing programs, you can wash different types of dishes. The in-built water softener reduces the risk of damage to your delicate dishwares. They are available in semi built-in and freestanding models. We at Kutchina, one of the best modular kitchen brands in India, have made sure that our dishwashers are easy to operate. Visit https://www.kutchina.com/product-category/appliances/dishwashers/ to know more about our dishwashers.
4. Low maintenance: Durability, longevity, and low-maintenance are few of the qualities that millennials want in their kitchen. This generation prefers to use natural materials that are easy to clean and maintain. Granite continues to be one of the popular choices for counter space as it is chic, easy to clean, and long-lasting.
5. Smart technology: For a generation that has access to high-speed internet, it’s necessary that their kitchen is too technologically advanced. Kitchen appliances that can be controlled using a smartphone are one of the upcoming trends. Though picking up slowly, this trend is unlikely to fade soon.
6. Pendant lighting: Gone are the days when decorative lighting was just about the living room. Pendant lamps do not just lend the kitchen a wow factor but they are also practical. Pendant lamps bring light closer to the counter space where the light is needed the most. Also, they give the kitchen an earthy presence.
Kutchina kitchen appliances are designed keeping in mind the ever-changing needs of different generations. For time-starved millennials, we, at Kutchina, ensure that our kitchen appliances make cooking faster, clean-up easier and maintenance effortless. Visit https://www.kutchina.com/ to check our wide range of kitchen appliances that will make cooking trendy.