FAQs n the rice cooker and their answers
If you are planning to buy a small rice cooker, here’s a useful read for you! As one of the leading kitchen appliances brands, we have curated some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers that will help you make an informed decision. :
1. How do you cook rice in a rice cooker? Cooking in a rice cooker is quite simple. A small rice cooker comes with an inner non-stick pot. You simply add the rice with the right amount of water. Modern electric rice cookers like Kutchina rice cookers are automatic. Once the water is absorbed into the rice and they become tender, the appliance shuts off on its own. This frees you up to do work on other chores in the kitchen.
2. Can I leave the house with a rice cooker on? Many modern electric rice cookers are designed to switch off once the cooking is over or turn the ‘cook’ mode to ‘stay warm’ mode. Though an electric cooker doesn’t need continuous monitoring, it is best not to leave a rice cooker unattended. Always turn off the appliance when not in use.
3. How long can you keep rice warm in a rice cooker? Electric rice cookers come with a -warm function, which keeps the food hot for hours. With the warm function of our electric cookers, the food remains hot for at least 3 to 4 hours.
4. How long should a rice cooker take? The cooking time depends on the type of rice. White rice can get cooked from 15 to 50 minutes, depending on the type of grain – basmati or short-grained. Brown rice usually takes longer, especially when they are not pre-soaked. Check the manufacturers’ instructions for the best way to cook rice and get the best results every time.
5. What’s the right water-to-rice ratio? Well, that depends on the type of rice grain you are cooking. The usual ratio is 2 cups of water for every cup of uncooked rice. Brown rice needs more water. For best results, always read the rice packaging. Always use the same cup to measure the rice and the water. With our electric rice cookers, you get a measuring cup along so that you can cook rice perfectly each time.
Still more questions about buying a rice cooker? Ask our advisors online. Available in different capacities from 1.5 l to 2.8 l – our electric rice cookers are meant to cater to everyone’s needs. Also, Kutchina rice cookers come with a 2-year warranty.