Dishwashing vs Washing By Hand: Useful insights
When it comes to washing dishes, many people are confused as to which is better: dishwasher or washing dishes by hand. Many think that washing by hand will save water and energy while others think that kitchen dishwashers give their dishes a superior, hygienic cleansing. If you are planning to buy a dishwasher but there are certain misconceptions that are holding you back, then are on the right page.
Here are some useful insights on using a kitchen dishwasher vs washing by hand:
1. Hand washing doesn’t save water: Washing dishes by hand under a running tap isn’t just laborious, it also wastes a lot of water. A dishwasher lets you wash a sinkful of utensils at one go. Energy-efficient dishwashers use less water than hand washing. Modern-day dishwashers are designed to spray a small amount of water all over the place without wasting too much water.
2. Dishwashers give you more sanitary dishes: When it comes to killing germs and bacteria on your dirty dishes, a dishwasher wins hands down. The hot water temperatures that dishwashers use to leave the dishes spic and span. Your hands cannot take that hot water temperature.
3. Hand washing doesn’t save you time: Loading and unloading utensils into the dishwasher hardly takes a few minutes every day. Whereas hand washing dishes can take a lot of time contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to pre-rinse the dishes when you load them into a dishwasher. Just scrape off the leftovers and your dishes are ready to be placed in the dishwasher.
4. Dishwashers save energy: Modern dishwashers have an efficient heating mechanism. If you are planning to buy a dishwasher, make sure they have an A+++ energy efficiency rating. Moreover, dishwashers like ours come with a half load function – which means you don’t have to wait for the dishwasher to get completely filled. You can wash utensils on one rack —- this saves water and power.
5. The dishwasher uses the right amount of detergent: Compared with hand washing, a dishwasher uses the appropriate amount of detergent. When you wash dishes by hand, often the dishwashing soap, whether a bar or liquid, gets wasted. A dishwasher is designed to use the detergent properly without causing any wastage.
Planning to buy a kitchen dishwasher? Kutchina dishwashers come with up to 7 different washing cycles, making it easier to wash all types of dishes. Easy to install, use, and maintain, our dishwashers are available in semi built-in, and free-standing.