3 easy recipes for hostellers to try in a rice cooker
Hostellers usually use multitasking kitchen appliances to cook food. One such multi-tasking kitchen appliance is an electric rice cooker – a versatile cooking appliance that hostellers use to make a variety of dishes in no time. Our convenient and compact rice cookers come with a non-stick pan and a warm function that allows you to keep the food warm for long. Made with a food-grade ABS body, our rice cookers can help you cook different types of dishes other than rice.
A rice cooker makes cooking an easy and quick process for hostellers. All that is to be done is to put the ingredients in the rice cooker and press the ‘on’ button. Everything would be taken care of by appliance and as a hosteller, you can have quick and delicious meals without having to put too many efforts.
For hostellers making oatmeal recipes in an electric rice cooker can be an easy thing. This healthy dish can be made easily in an electric rice cooker in the following way:
- Put water and add oats, milk, sugar and salt to taste in the inner pot of the rice cooker.
- Switch on the electric rice cooker.
- Cook the oats for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When done, serve with fresh fruits and nuts.
2. Mac and cheese
Hostellers usually run short of time and so an electric rice cooker can come to their rescue in making quick dishes like mac and cheese. One can make super-creamy mac and cheese at hostel using an electric rice cooker. Here’s how:
- Switch on the electric rice cooker, pour water, refined oil, a little salt in the inner pot and let it come to a boil.
- Add macaroni and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. When macaroni is boiled properly, take it out in a separate bowl. Drain the excess water.
- Switch on the electric rice cooker, saute butter, chopped garlic, all-purpose flour, milk, sour cream, cheese and salt for 2- 3 minutes in the inner pot.
- Then add the boiled macaroni and mix well. Your mac and cheese is ready to be served.
3. Vegetable Soup
For hostellers making vegetable soup in an electric rice cooker can be a great idea as all they have to do is pour all the ingredients into the rice cooker and switch it on. So, here’s how to make vegetable soup in an electric rice cooker
- Pour a few drops of oil in the inner pot of the electric rice cooker and add chopped onions, ginger and garlic, carrots, french beans, cabbage, corn and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add sufficient water, black pepper and salt to taste. Add cornflour mixed with water.
- Cover the rice cooker and cook the soup on a regular setting for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve it hot. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
4. Quick quinoa breakfast
For hostellers preparing quick quinoa breakfast in an electric rice cooker is an ideal choice. An electric rice cooker will cook the perfect quinoa breakfast. Check the method.
- In the inner pot of the rice cooker, put 1 cup each of milk, water and thoroughly washed quinoa.
- Switch on the rice cooker and cook until the quinoa has absorbed all the water and milk
- Your quinoa breakfast is ready to be served. Relish it with fresh fruits and nuts.