If You Have An Electric Kettle At Home, Try These Hot Drinks During Lockdown
Hot beverages are known for helping people wake up, stay focussed at work, and stay calm. They can be relaxing and cheering, cooling and warming, subtle and alluring – all at the same time! Here’s a list of hot beverages that you can prepare in a jiffy if you have an electric kettle at home. The unique aroma and taste of these beverages are welcoming during these difficult times. So, as the old adage goes – keep calm and put the kettle on!
Prepare these hot drinks at home
1. Ginger tea – Give a fresh start to your lockdown days with a cup of freshly made ginger tea. Boil fresh water in your electric kettle. While you are waiting for the water to boil, peel ginger and grate it into a teapot with a strainer. Pour boiling water into the teapot. You can add honey or lemon afterwards.
2. Lemon tea – Pour fresh water in your electric kettle. Bring it to boil. Once the water is boiled, pour it into a cup. Steep a black tea bag in the hot water for 3-4 minutes. Remove the tea bag. Add lemon juice to the tea.
3. Mint tea – Its scent is incomparable – fresh, floral, and far more vibrant than the above mentioned teas. To prepare a cup of mint tea, boil fresh water in your electric kettle. Pour the hot water into a mug. Steep mint leaves for 3-5 minutes. Remove the leaves and add honey to add a dose of sweetness. Sip it while you are starting the day’s work. It will help you stay focussed as you work outside of your typical office setting.
4. Hot coffee – A cup of hot coffee is what many people need to start their mornings! During the lockdown days, give a fresh start to your mornings with a cup of hot dalogna coffee. To prepare, start by boiling fresh water in your kettle. Then add instant coffee, sugar, and hot water ( all in the same proportions) to a mixing bowl. Whip the mixture until it is light brown and fluffy. Heat the milk and place it in a heatproof glass and then top it with the frothed coffee mixture.
5. Hot lemonade – Boil water in your electric kettle. Put it in a bowl, then add lemon juice and sweetener. Stir well. Pour it in a glass. You can add a cinnamon stick while serving.
If you have Kutchina electric kettles, you can make these hot beverages in no time at all! Try these recipes at home and add a dose of warmth to your lockdown days.