How To Use Mixer Grinder? Do’s and Don’ts
Mixer grinders are one of the most important appliances in the kitchen. You cannot imagine making chutneys, smoothies, purees without one. While it’s good to buy the most reliable mixer grinder for your home, it is also essential that you should take good care of it. Over here we discuss how to use mixer grinder effectively.
Here’s a list of dos and don’ts when it comes to how to operate mixer grinder
- Do clean it after every use: As the mixer grinders are used almost every day in the home kitchen, it is essential to keep them clean after every use. To get rid of the stains and smell, you can make a solution of vinegar and water and run it for a few seconds. Rinse the jars thoroughly.
- Do switch off the appliance before checking the jar: Before removing the jars to check if the ingredients have been blend well, make sure you switch off the appliance.
- Make sure the appliance is level: If you don’t have a designated spot for your mixer grinder, make sure you place it on a flat surface. If the appliance is rocking, level it properly before using it.
- Increase the speed gradually: Instead of starting it at full speed, go from low to medium to high. This will ensure that there is no sudden pressure on the motor.
- Don’t put any hot liquids: A hot bowl of soup is the perfect way to start your dinner. With a mixer grinder at home, you can prepare it in a jiffy. But make sure you are not putting hot ingredients into the jar. Hot liquids and steam arising out of it can cause the lid to blow causing a mess in the kitchen. You may also end up with burns if the ingredients are too hot.
- Don’t fill the jars to the brim: To avoid spills and splatter, you should always leave ¼ th of the jar empty. Overloading the jar can cause it to explode.
- Don’t put coffee beans: The flavour and the aroma of freshly ground coffee is just unmatchable. But the coffee beans can cause damage to the appliance’s blades. Moreover, you may not even get the right consistency. It’s better to use a coffee grinder instead of a mixer grinder.
- Don’t add any ingredient when the blades are still moving: Bring the mixer to a complete stop before adding any ingredient to avoid spills and bodily injuries.