How to Use a Rice Cooker
It’s hard to imagine your meals without rice. One of the best ways to perfectly cook your rice is to use an electric rice cooker. It is one of the most practical and convenient appliances that you can have in your kitchen. Whether you choose basmati rice, white rice, brown rice – once you add water and press ON, your perfectly cooked rice will be ready in a hassle-free way. Besides rice, you can prepare a variety of dishes like pasta, soup, biryani and steamed vegetables in your electric rice cooker. To maximise the benefits of your rice cooker, we share with you a few safety and maintenance tips about this important appliance.
1. It is very important to take safety precautions while using any electric device. Same goes for your electric rice cooker. Don’t keep your rice cooker on any water-based surface to prevent electric shock. Moreover, if you are using it for the first time, go through the instructions carefully before operating the rice cooker.
2. Don’t overfill the inner pot with water and food. Always measure the quantity of water by using the scale or measuring cups. This helps in cooking efficiently and avoids overheating.
3. To keep your electric rice cooker free from corrosion and odour, clean the inner pot and lid after use with a mild dishwashing liquid and water to avoid damaging the non-stick coating. Don’t make the mistake of immersing your electric cooker in water as that can be dangerous. It should only be wiped with a cloth.
4. Make sure to switch it off before adding ingredients or after use, while dismantling or cleaning. Ensure that the lid and inner pot are clean and dry before using the cooker again.
5. Our modern electric rice cookers come with a smart keep-warm function that keeps your food warm for hours. However, don’t leave the cooker unattended for a long time.
1. Disconnect the cooker from the power source after use. Allow your rice cooker to cool down before cleaning it. Keeping it on, when not in use, can result in overheating and affect its performance as well as lifespan.
2. Harsh and abrasive cleaners can damage the non-stick coating of the inner pots. Moreover, these detergents can also trigger discolouration, so avoid using them while cleaning.
3. When cleaning the outer surface of your rice cooker, using a damp and clean cloth is highly recommended. However, make sure to turn the rice cooker off to prevent injuries.
4. Food debris and residues can interfere with the cooking process so make sure to remove those.
5. Always check the manual before experimenting with your electric rice cooker as operating it as per instructions will ensure effective functioning.
These functional and sturdy kitchen appliances last long if you maintain them properly. Follow these safety and maintenance tips to keep your rice cooker in its best working condition. Also, if you are planning to buy one, then check out our wide range of electric rice cookers online that come with a non-stick pot and two years warranty.