How to Make a Cake: Top Tips for Success
Cake. Just the word brings a smile to your face. But making a cake is definitely not a cakewalk. For many, making a cake is all about hit-and-miss. When making a cake, there are a lot of little things that you have to keep in mind.
To help you on your adventure to make the perfect cake, here are top tips:
1. Choose a good recipe and follow it to the T: Your cake will be as good as your recipe. For guaranteed results, carefully choose a recipe. Go for either a renowned chef or a trusted website. Choose the recipe as per your baking level.
2. Always measure instead of guessing: Make sure you use the ingredients as mentioned in the recipe. Just because you want your cake to be more fluffy doesn’t mean you can add more eggs or baking powder to make the cake rise. Use measuring spoons and bowls instead of your routine dishware. Make sure to follow one measuring system to avoid getting confused.
3. Whisk and whip like a pro: When it comes to making a cake, proper whisking and whipping techniques are the secrets to ensure that your cake is moist and the icing is fluffy. Though a lot of people whisk eggs and batter with their hands, one has to be really swift to get the right mix. The stress on your hands and wrist can be avoided using a hand blender for cake.
Buy the best hand blender for cake
If you love baking cakes regularly, then a Kutchina hand blender is definitely the best kitchen appliance to prepare the batter and whip the cream. With the help of a Kutchina hand blender, you can prepare cakes, pudding, or smoothies in a matter of time. To bring home the best hand blender for cake, click here.
4. Know your oven: An oven is an essential component in baking. Therefore, you should know how your oven functions. You should know the true temperature of your oven as well as its performance. If there are any hot or cold spots in the oven, then rotate the baking dish to ensure uniform cooking.
5. Use the right baking dish: Make sure you use the right kind of a baking dish. Metal bakeware is preferred as they can withstand higher temperatures than glass, making them ideal for baking. If you are using a glass dish, reduce the baking temperature by 25 degrees (Fahrenheit).
6. Position the pan at the centre of the oven: It goes without saying that always preheat the oven at the required temperature before baking. To ensure that uniform cooking, place the cake in the centre of the oven.
7. Let the cake cool down before frosting: The one step that you shouldn’t miss before frosting the cake is to ensure that it cools down. Not only can a hot cake cause the frosting to melt, but it can also crumble. So give your cake ample time to settle down.
We hope you find these tips handy the next time you bake a cake!