How to Clean an Electric Kettle?
Compact and super convenient, electric kettles are great when it comes to boiling water, preparing tea, coffee, noodles and even soup. And with winter around the corner, what could be greater than slurping a hot cup of coffee made using an electric kettle. However, as a result of regular use, the build-up is created at the bottom of the kettle. The inner walls of your water kettle can get scaly with frequent use. This can contaminate the water and lead to inefficient functioning of the electric kettle.
With these few simple steps, you can remove the build-up and keep your water kettle squeaky clean:
1. Mix lemon solution: Into a cup of water, squeeze a lemon and cut up some slices. Make a solution with water and lemon juice. Now, cut up some lemon slices and place them in the solution. You can also use a lime instead of a lemon. Fill your electric kettle with this lemon water solution and cover the lid.
2. Boil the solution: Turn the water kettle on with the lemon water solution inside. This will help clean the inner walls and remove stubborn stains. Now, bring the solution to boil. Switch it off and check if the cleaning is effective or not. If the scaling is too bad, then you can increase the lemon juice amount and boil the mixture again.
3. Let the solution in the sit for a while: After boiling the solution, turn the electric kettle off. Unplug the appliance and let the solution sit for some time. If the scales are thick, then leave the lemon solution longer.
4. Scrub the inner walls: After pouring out the solution, wait for the electric kettle to cool off. With the help of a cloth or non-abrasive sponge wipe the inner walls of the electric kettle. Make sure not to wipe the heating element present on the electric kettle’s bottom.
5. Rinse: Rinse the kettle with water to remove the smell and wipe it using a microfibre cloth. Let it dry completely before using it again. If the smell still lingers, then boil water again and rinse it. Boiling water several times will help you get rid of the smell.
Clean it every few months to keep it working effectively, with these easy and simple steps. You can also take a look at our wide range of electric kettles online that come with a removable filter, concealed heating element, and two years of warranty.