Do’s and don’ts of using a hand blender
Here’s a list of do’s and don’ts that will ensure that you are using your hand blenders right:
1. Clean it after use: As hand blenders are used almost on a daily basis, it is very important to keep them squeaky clean. To get rid of smell and stains, detach the shaft and clean after every use. Squirt some mild dishwashing soap and rinse it thoroughly with water. Use a cloth to clean the electrical part of the appliance.
2. Chop ingredients before blending: Roughly chop solid foods to help in fast, even blending. Hard vegetables like carrots, pumpkin and beetroot should either be steamed or chopped before you blend them in the hand blender. You can also use the chopping attachment where applicable before blending.
3. Add liquid to breakdown hard ingredients: To blend frozen or hard-to-break down foods, add a little liquid. For instance, when you are making smoothies, add water or milk if you are blending frozen fruits.
4. Keep it in a dry area: Store your hand blender in a cool and dry place. Pat dry the appliance and its parts to ensure that no moisture is left.
1. Don’t blend hot liquids: Remember to cool down ingredients before blending them. You can blend warm liquids but make sure they are not very hot. Splatters of hot liquids may cause burns.
2. Don’t leave your hand blender submerged in hot liquids: Use the blender and remove it once the blending is done. Make sure that the electrical part is not touching the ingredients that you are blending.
3. Don’t stick in any cutlery while the hand blender is running: If you think that something is stuck in the blades of the hand blender, stop the appliance. Unplug it and remove the chunk of food stuck. Don’t stick in spoons or forks while the hand blender is running. This will ruin your blender’s sharp blades.
We hope you find this list of dos and don’ts useful. If you are looking for a hand blender, click here. Our hand blenders are highly efficient —- they come with a detachable body, ergonomic handle, two-speed operations and two years warranty.