Convection Microwave Oven Recipe: How to Bake Pineapple Cake?
A pineapple cake can put a happy ending to your sweet cravings. Rich in taste, a pineapple cake can be prepared in 10 to 15 minutes in a convection microwave oven. The recipe is perfect for busy days when you don’t have time on your hands, but still want to savour home-made cake.
Convection microwave oven recipe: Pineapple cake
Infused with slices of pineapple, this recipe is quick and easy.
5 tbsp butter
1/3 cup sugar
5 to 6 cherries
1½ half cup cake mix
1/2 cup pineapple juice
How to make it?
1. Take a microwave-safe cake pan and spray it with refined oil or baking spray. If you are using refined oil, make sure it doesn’t have a strong flavour. A neutral flavour oil such as canola oil is the best for baking.
2. Then place butter inside the cake pan and microwave on high for 30 seconds until it melts.
3. Place pineapple slices in the cake pan and put a cherry in the middle of each slice. If you are using canned pineapple slices, drain the juice. The juice will be used to mix the cake batter so keep it separately.
4. In a bowl, place cake mix, pineapple juice and egg. Using a whisk, stir until everything is well combined. Make sure there are no lumps.
5. Spread this batter over pineapple slices.
6. Adjust the microwave to convection mode and preheat it to 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
7. Place the cake pan in the microwave once preheating is done.
8. Bake on high for 8 to 10 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the cake’s centre. If the crumbs are sticking to the toothpick, the cake is still not fully done.
9. Let the cake rest for at least 7 to 20 minutes. Invert onto a plate. Refrigerate the cake for an hour before serving.
Tips for easy baking in a microwave with convection mode
1. Keep the batter mix ready and put it in the microwave oven as soon as the preheating is over otherwise you will lose the heat. The end result would be a less fluffy cake.
2. Let the cake cool down completely before you do the icing. Doing the frosting right away will result in a cracked or soggy cake.
Buy all in one Kutchina microwave ovens that come with convection, grill, and combo modes. Baking cakes, grilling kebabs and roasting meat — all are easy with our microwave ovens.