How to make idli dosa batter in a mixi?
Idlis and dosas are probably one of the most popular breakfast options in India. The crisp dosa and fluffy idlis are not just healthy but also taste delicious. To make the batter, you need the right ingredients and an efficient mixer grinder.
Looking for branded mixer grinders? Check our products online. Now, let’s get started with these easy and simple tips to make idli dosa batter at home:
1. The first and foremost step is to get the ingredients right! To make the batter, you need urad dal and idli rice in 1:3 proportion.
2. The second step is to wash the ingredients properly and soak them in water for around 7 hours.
3. Avoid using split urad dal for making idlis and dosas as it may affect the flavours and taste.
4. Now, grind the urad dal in a mixer grinder until smooth. When grinding urad dal, add water gradually with a gap of a few seconds in between. Grind until smooth and pour it to another container.
5. In the next step, grind rice in two batches. Grind rice with water until slightly grainy. Mix the rice batter with urad dal batter and add salt very gently.
Please Note: The batter’s consistency should neither be too thin nor too thick. The best way to check this is by dipping a ladle into your homemade idli dosa batter and taking it out. The batter must fall back in ribbons and slowly disappear into the batter. Getting the correct consistency will result in soft and fluffy idlis and dosas.
- Next up is the fermentation process! Keep the batter covered with a lid overnight and see how your homemade batter will ferment beautifully.
With our mixer grinder, you can also make sumptuous chutneys to go along with dosa and idlis. Check out some chutney recipes that you can try at home using our mixer grinders. Have a look at our innovative range of mixer grinders here, and shop online.