Grill microwave oven recipes: check how to make grilled prawns
Tender veggie kebabs, tandoori chicken and crispy tikkas are amazing dinner party snacks.
Our microwave ovens are the right kitchen appliances to give your food the perfect taste and aroma without the smoke that is produced during barbequing. Not just that, the auto-cooking programmes of our grill microwave oven allow you to prepare scrumptious grilled delicacies easily without having to manually adjust the temperature and time.
We are going to share with you some easy-to-make tandoori prawns that you can make using a grill microwave oven:
- 1 kg king prawns
- 1 cup oil
- Melted butter
- Crushed 7 to 8 cloves of garlic
- Crushed ginger (one small inch)
- 2 to 3 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Finely chopped spring onions
- Salt to taste
How to prepare it in a grill microwave oven?
- Wash the prawns under running water. Shell the prawns and remove the back vein using a toothpick. You can leave the tail intact if you wish.
- Put garlic cloves, ginger, red chillies, lemon juice, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and sugar in a mixer grinder. Make it into a fine puree. You can add a little bit of oil to the puree. Pour this over prawns and ensure the marinade coats the prawns well. Let the prawns sit for half an hour.
- Place the prawns on a microwave-safe plate. If you are using small-sized prawns, use a skewer. Our grill microwave ovens come with skewers and a universal pan for a convenient cooking experience.
- Brush some melted butter over the prawns.
- Adjust the microwave to grill mode. Cook in the microwave oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Make sure to turn the prawns after every 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, pour lemon juice all over the prawns. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve the prawns hot with mint chutney.