Dishwasher: Dos and don’ts
Efficient and easy to use, dishwashers save you the hassle of washing dishes by hand, saving your time and effort. Often, we take dishwashers for granted and thus compromising their efficiency.
To help you get the most out of your dishwasher, here’s a list of dos and don’ts:
1. Use the right detergent: Using the right detergents, which are specially formulated for the dishwashers in the right quantity is highly recommended. Read the manufacturer’s manual carefully to understand which detergent is right for your utensils washing machine.
2. Scrape off leftovers: Instead of rinsing the dishes, all you need to do is scrape off the leftover using a spoon or fork. Food residue can block spray jets and drainage pipes. Food residue promotes bacterial growth. Make sure the filter is cleaned from time to time.
3. Clean your dishwasher: Clean your dishwasher once a month. Follow the directions mentioned in the manufacturer’s manual. This will ensure that washed dishes do not have a lingering smell.
1. Overload: Do not overload the dishwasher. Overloading the dishes compromises on the proper cleaning of the utensils. When you overload the dishwasher the water can’t reach the inside of the dishware.
2. Incorrectly loading: Have you been noticing that your dishes aren’t coming out as clean as you expected? Well, maybe you are not loading the dishwasher properly. Instead of randomly tossing dishes, properly load the dishwasher. For instance, the wide racks are for flatwares while spoons, and knives go in the cutlery section.
3. Pre-rinse your utensils: Skip the pre-rinse part before loading your dishes. Pre-rinsing is a waste of water and energy. All you need to do is scrape off the leftover.
4. Using the wrong cycle: Some dishes may require a longer deeper clean, and others a shorter cycle. For best results, it is best to sort your dishes depending on how much soiled they are.
5. Use too much detergent: More is not better in this case. Using too much detergent can leave residue behind, which can be harmful to health.
Planning to buy a dishwasher online?
A dishwasher is a perfect time-saving appliance that gives you clean and sanitary dishes. Available in semi built-in and freestanding, our innovative dishwashers come with 7 different washing programs, making it easy for you to wash all types of dishes. Along with easy-to-use push buttons, our dishwashers come with child lock, delay function and in-built softener.