A beginner’s online guide to cooking on induction cooker
Best known for fast cooking, induction cooktops are a go-to choice for modern homemakers. They look great, cook efficiently and are easy to clean. If you are new to induction cooking and wondering how the appliance works, we have got you covered.
Here, we have put together a beginner’s online guide to cooking on an induction cooktop:
1. The technology behind induction cooking: Once the appliance is plugged into a power outlet, the electromagnetic field below the cooking surface heats the pan. Unlike conventional cooking methods, there is negligible heat loss which makes induction cooktops faster and more energy-efficient.
2. The right cookware: As induction cooking works using electromagnetism, it is important to use induction-friendly cookware. Usually, induction-friendly cookware has a coiled spring symbol stamped on the base. This indicates that they are suitable for induction cooktops. If the symbol isn’t there, the easiest way to tell if a pan is suitable for induction cooking is with a magnet. Place the magnet on the base and if it sticks, you can use the cookware with an induction cooktop.
2. Know the controls: The control panel of the induction cooktops is where all the setting options are available, required for cooking. The induction cooktops by Kutchina come with a touch control panel which makes it easy for you to select different settings while cooking. The buttons are integrated seamlessly into the cooktops for easy operation and cleaning after use.
3. Preset cooking menus: The preset cooking menus of the induction cooktops are a real time-saver and help you cook in a hassle-free way. With just a click of a button, you can choose the right temperature for the dish. Our induction cooktops come with up to 8 preset menus such as deep fry, barbeque, slow cook, boil and stir fry. Whether you want to boil water or cook rice, select the preset menu and the cooktop will adjust the heat accordingly.
4. Additional features: Modern induction cooktops like ours come with a number of additional features such as pan detection feature, hot surface indicator, timer and LED display to allow easy operation. Another feature is the auto-pan detection that ensures that the heating is turned OFF automatically once the cookware is removed from the appliance.