4 Dinner ideas for Diwali using a mixer grinder
Diwali, the festival of lights, is around the corner and every Indian is excited to celebrate the festival. Home-made food forms an integral part of the Diwali festivities. This Diwali, if you are planning to greet your loved ones with delectable food items prepared at home, here’s a list of easy and simple dinner recipes for you.
You need a mixer grinder to make fresh masalas at home for these gravies
Our mixer grinders come with a wide range of benefits including stainless blades, 5 years warranty on motor and 2 years warranty on the product. You get different jars for different grinding needs.
4 dinner ideas for Diwali using a mixer grinder. Check them.
1. Paneer butter masala
Make finger-licking paneer butter masala at home with the help of this simple recipe.
- Heat a pan and add butter
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomato puree and cashew paste (blend the ingredients separately in a mixer grinder till you get smooth paste)
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add little water and put the diced paneer pieces.
- Add cream and mix well.
2. Vegetable biryani with raita
Served with raita, vegetable biryani can be one of the best dinner choices for people celebrating the festival of light. Here’s what all you have to do:
- First, prepare the aromatic and flavourful biryani masala. You need bay leaf, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves, black cardamom and green cardamom. On a pan, dry roast these spices. Once they cool down, transfer them to a mixer grinder and blend to fine powder. Store this in an airtight container.
- On a deep-bottomed pan, heat ghee. Then add chopped onions. Once the onions turn translucent add ginger garlic paste. Add your favourite vegetables like carrots, cauliflower and beans. Saute them well. Now, add one teaspoon of biryani masala. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add basmati rice and one teaspoon of biryani masala. Add salt to taste. Now, stir everything well. Now for every one bowl of rice, add three cups of water. Cover the pan and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve biryani with plain curd or raita.
3. Kadhai chicken with jeera fried rice
This Diwali makes your favourite kadhai chicken recipe at home and serve it with jeera fried rice. Check the recipe here:
- In your mixer grinder, make a smooth paste of ginger, garlic and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add diced onion. Once the onion turns brown, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute. Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder.
- Now add the chicken pieces and mix well. Add garam masala
- Cover with a lid and let the chicken cook properly
- When done, serve with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
4. Mutton curry with plain rice
Make your beloved mutton curry at home and let plain rice be the accompaniment. Here’s the recipe:
- Leave the meat in curd and salt overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee.
- Add bay leaves, dry red chilli, cinnamon sticks and cardamom. Let the spices splatter.
- Add chopped onion, when the onions turn translucent – add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute. Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and chilli powder.
- Now add the mutton pieces and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Add enough water and pressure cook.
With Kutchina mixer grinders, you can make a variety of masalas, sauces and purees in a hassle-free way. If you are planning to buy a mixer grinder in the near future, this useful checklist will help you choose the right one for your family.